Like all the victorious fighters on this week’s edition of Dana White’s Contender Series, Joe Solecki earned a UFC contract. Check out how he got it done.
Jesse Wallace vs. Joe Solecki (Lightweight)
Round 1: Solecki is looking good in the early going, he’s landing seemingly at will. Wallace attempts a kick, but Solecki catches it and takes him down. Solecki is working from side control, he has a tight body lock, and he’s trying to take the back. Solecki moves into the mount; he appears to be the far superior ground technician so far. Wallace rolls, but Solecki rolls with him and takes his back in the process. Solecki has a body lock, and he is working for an RNC! Wallace rolls to his stomach but finds himself in a guillotine! Wallace is out! Jesse Wallace has gone out! Joe Solecki is solid!
Result: Joe Solecki def. Jesse Wallace via Submission (Guillotine) Round 1, 3:49
— UFC (@ufc) July 10, 2019
More from MMATorch:
- Chad Mendes announces retirement
- Dana White’s Contender Series FULL REPORT , Season 3, EP 3
- REPORT: Cub Swanson vs. Kron Gracie targeted for Oct.
- ROUNDTABLE: Should Luke Rockhold retire?
- Dana White’s Contender Series, S3, EP 3 LIVE RESULTS:
- ROUNDTABLE: How did you score Jon Jones vs. Thiago Santos?
- HYDEN BLOG: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly from UFC 239
- MMA Talk for Pro Wrestling Fans ENCORE EDITION: Ennis returns to discuss Thiago Santos & G1