Cub Swanson will reportedly face Kron Gracie on Oct. 12.
The UFC event on Oct. 12 might not have a location, but it does have an intriguing men’s featherweight bout. According to a report by Brett Okamoto of ESPN, veteran featherweight Cub Swanson will face prospect Kron Gracie at the scheduled UFC event on Oct. 12.
The report notes that the fight is not yet finalized.
The UFC has yet to officially announce a location for the event.
For Swanson, the fight could present an opportunity to revive his career after a lengthily losing streak. After winning a widely praised fight against Doo Ho Choi at UFC 206 in December 2016; Swanson earned a decision victory over Artem Lobov in April 2017.
Since then, Swanson has dropped four consecutive fights to Brian Ortega, Frankie Edgar, Renato Moicano, and Shane Burgos.
Conversely, Kron Gracie defeated Alex Caceres via submission at UFC on ESPN 1, in February.
The Gracie family legacy in combat sports speaks for itself. Kron is the son Rickson Gracie, and the grandson of Hélio Gracie. Kron sports an overall 5-0 record in MMA.
The Oct. 12 event is expected to be headlined by a stawweight bout between Michelle Waterson and Joanna Jedrzejczyk.
More from MMATorch:
- ROUNDTABLE: Should Luke Rockhold retire?
- Dana White’s Contender Series, S3, EP 3 LIVE RESULTS:
- ROUNDTABLE: How did you score Jon Jones vs. Thiago Santos?
- HYDEN BLOG: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly from UFC 239
- MMA Talk for Pro Wrestling Fans ENCORE EDITION: Ennis returns to discuss Thiago Santos & G1
- Thiago Santos suffered several leg injuries at UFC 239
- MMA Talk for Pro Wrestling Fans – Vallejos and Monsey review UFC 239 and preview of UFC Sacramento