Tonight, Robert Whittaker and Israel Adesanya will fight in a middleweight title unification bout at UFC 243. Who wins?
Who wins between Robert Whittaker and Israel Adesanya?
Frank Hyden MMATorch Columnist
I’ll go with Adesanya. I think he’ll have a good gameplan and work hard to stymie Whittaker. It probably won’t be super exciting, but it’ll be effective and I think Adesanya gets the clear decision victory.
Michael Hiscoe MMATorch Columnist
Part of me had trouble seeing how Robert Whittaker can get inside on Israel Adesanya to land any significant blows. Another part of me knows that Whittaker will find a way and that can be dangerous for Adesanya. Whittaker has proven more than once that he has the grit to outlast a tough opponent but this time I think he’s going to catch his for of guard and score an early TKO win.
Robert Vallejos MMATorch Managing Editor
This one is difficult. Deep down I feel that Whittaker is the better fighter. However, I do not se him winning this fight. For me, it comes down to the fact that Whittaker has had such a tough go at it since capturing the interim title. Yes he is undefeated in that timespan, but two fights with Yoel Romero are not good for the health of anyone. The one hole in my theory, is that we do not know if Adesanya left a part of himself in the cage against Kelvin Gastelum. With that said, I feel that Adesanya is going to have a great night.
More from MMATorch:
- UFC 243 PREVIEW & PREDICTIONS 10/05: Grocke’s updated odds & predictions for every fight
- CAGESIDE REPORT: Invicta FC 37 The Play-By-Play From My View
- BELLATOR 229 PREVIEW & PREDICTIONS 10/04: Grocke’s updated odds & predictions for every fight
- Bellator 229: Koreshkov vs. Larkin RESULTS
- Is Jared Cannonier a real threat at middleweight?
- What did you make of Bellator’s “selection show”?