Thiago Santos suffered multiple leg injuries against Jon Jones at UFC 239
Thiago Santos’ near-miss against Jon Jones was more impressive than it looked.
According to a report by Combate, an MRI revealed that Santos tore his left MCL, PCL, ACL, and meniscus. Additionally, it is feared that Santos may have suffered an injury in his surgically repaired right leg.
At UFC 239, Jones defeated Santos via split-decision, to retain the light heavyweight title. The fight is the first occasion that Jones has won by split-decision.
Santos landed several impactful punches to Jones in the early rounds of the fight. However, as the fight went on Santos appeared to be hobbled by an injured leg.
The injury likely keeps Santos out of action until 2020. Previously. Santos has been a very active fighter, with 10 UFC fights under his belt since 2017.
- MMA Talk for Pro Wrestling Fans – Vallejos and Monsey review UFC 239 and preview of UFC Sacramento
- LIVE DOGS: A look at underdogs who won at UFC 239
- Jorge Masvidal gets historical KO over Ben Askren
- Amanda Nunes defeats Holly Holm via TKO
- Jon Jones defeats Thiago Santos via split-decision
- Jan Blachowicz KO’s Luke Rockhold: Full Recap
- WATCH: Marlon Vera submits Nohelin Hernandez
- WATCH: Song Yadong KO’s Alejandro Perez
- WATCH: Edmen Shahbazyan submits Jack Marshman
- UFC 239 Live Results
- UFC 239 LIVE REPORT:Real-time results and analysis of Jones-Santos, Nunes-Holm