At UFC 241, Yoel Romero and Paulo Costa will fight in a middleweight showdown. Who wins?
Yoel Romero and Paulo Costa predictions.
Frank Hyden MMATorch Columnist
Both of these men seem a bit unhinged so I think we’ll see a wild fight that ends in explosive fashion. I’ll go with Costa by TKO in the 2nd round in an upset. This has a chance to be the Fight of the Night, though it also has a chance to be a big dud. I’m hoping for the former, or at least a fight that’s fun and exciting.
Sean Covington MMATorch Contributor
I’m going to pick Paulo Costa just because I don’t pick a lot of upsets. Costa hasn’t seen the third round in the UFC, and one way or the other he ain’t seeing it here. Yoel is the man who should end the reign of Jon Jones but we have to settle for a brutal KO of a young talent like Costa…if Costa doesn’t finish him first. Yoel doesn’t have the best tank, and we haven’t seen what Costa’s tank is like in deep waters so this should be interesting.
Michael Hiscoe MMATorch Columnist
Paulo Costa is undefeated but also terribly inactive and untested at the top level. He hits hard, but after Yoel Romero’s wars with Robert Whittaker, we know he can take a shot. Costa’s tendency to swing for the fences will play right into Romero’s sit back and wait approach. I expect Romero to lay back and give Costa a false sense of security before securing an explosive finish in the third round.
UFC 241 podcasts
More from MMATorch:
- The MMA & Sports Betting Podcast: UFC 241
- UFC 241 PREVIEW & PREDICTIONS 8/17: Grocke’s updated odds & predictions for every fight
- ROUNDTABLE: Who wins between Nate Diaz and Anthony Pettis?
- ROUNDTABLE: Who wins between Daniel Cormier and Stipe Miocic?
- Throwback Thursday: UFC 141, Vallejos and Hiscoe relive the end of an era
- Video released of Conor McGregor punching man in bar