Double-champion Amanda Nunes will defend her belt against Germaine de Randamie at UFC 245.
The UFC’s women’s bantamweight/featherweight champion Amanda Nunes will defend her bantamweight title against former featherweight champion Germaine de Randamie.
According to a report by ESPN, the fight will take place UFC 245 on Dec. 14, at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
Their upcoming fight in December will mark the second occasion that Nunes and de Randamie have tussled.
Back in November 2013, Nunes defeated de Randamie via TKO in the first-round.
Since that fight, both women have lost a combined one bout, and both have held championship gold.
De Randamie became the UFC’s inaugural women’s featherweight champion, when she defeated Holly Holm via decision at UFC 208, in February 2017. However, de Randamie was stripped of the title for refusal to defend against Cris Cyborg.
Most recently, de Randamie defeated Aspen Ladd via TKO in July.
As for Amanda Nunes, the past three years have seen her ascend to the top of the sport, with many considering her the greatest female fighter in history.
Nunes captured the bantamweight from Miesha Tate at UFC 200, retired Ronda Rousey at UFC 207, gained a decision win over Valentina Shevchenko at UFC 215, and earned the featherweight title by stopping Cris Cyborg at UFC 232.
Recently, Nunes defeated former bantamweight champion Holly Holm at UFC 239.
Before Cyborg’s dismissal from the UFC, a rematch between Nunes and Cyborg was expected. Nunes has yet to defend her featherweight title.
More from MMATorch:
- ROUNDTABLE: Who wins between Yoel Romero and Paulo Costa?
- The MMA & Sports Betting Podcast: UFC 241
- UFC 241 PREVIEW & PREDICTIONS 8/17: Grocke’s updated odds & predictions for every fight
- ROUNDTABLE: Who wins between Nate Diaz and Anthony Pettis?
- ROUNDTABLE: Who wins between Daniel Cormier and Stipe Miocic?
- Throwback Thursday: UFC 141, Vallejos and Hiscoe relive the end of an era
- Video released of Conor McGregor punching man in bar
Leave a Reply