UFC 242 will reportedly be boosted by a women’s flyweight fight between Joanne Calderwood and Andrea Lee, and a lightweight bout between Paul Felder and Edson Barboza.
Not only will UFC 242 have a very important main event, but it will also be boosted by a pair of solid undercard fights.
Calderwood is coming off of a unanimous decision loss to Katlyn Chookagian at UFC 238 in June. While Lee is riding a seven-fight winning streak, with her most recent win coming via decision over Montana De La Rosa at UFC Greenville in June.
Previously, Barboza and Felder fought at UFC on Fox 16 in July 2015. Barboza earned a unanimous decision victory in their first bout.
UFC 242 will be headlined by a lightweight title unification fight between champion Khabib Nurmagomedov and interim championDustin Poirier.
The event will take place at the du Arena, in Abu Dhabi, on Sept. 7.
More from MMATorch:
- HISCOE: How this year’s UFC Hall of Fame inductees stack up against each other
- REPORT: Jedrzejczyk vs. Waterson set for October
- John Lineker released from the UFC
- MORNING VIDEO: Holly Halts History
- REPORT: Mike Perry vs. Vicente Luque set for Uruguay
- Marlon Vera vs. Nohelin Hernandez set for UFC 239