There have been a couple of late changes to the UFC Fight Night 81 event in Boston on the 17th, and the night’s lineup has been shifted as a result.
Patrick Williams, reportedly injured, was replaced on the official lineup late last week by undefeated newcomer Joey Gomez in a fight against Rob Font, while Maximo Blanco has finally gotten a new opponent following Dennis Bermudez dropping out last month with a staph infection. That new opponent is another undefeated newcomer to the UFC in RFA Bantamweight Champ Luke Sanders.
The UFC Fight Night 81 event airs live on Fox Sports 1 from the TD Garden on Sunday, Jan. 17, headlined by the UFC Bantamweight Championship bout between T.J. Dillashaw and Dominick Cruz. The new completed lineup for the event is below:
Fox Sports 1 Main Card (10PM ET)
- T.J. Dillashaw vs. Dominick Cruz – for bantamweight title
- Eddie Alvarez vs. Anthony Pettis
- Travis Browne vs. Matt Mitrione
- Ross Pearson vs. Francisco Trinaldo
Fox Sports 1 Prelims (8PM ET)
- Patrick Cote vs. Ben Saunders
- Mairbek Taisumov vs. Chris Wade
- Maximo Blanco vs. Luke Sanders
- Tim Boetsch vs. Ed Herman
UFC Fight Pass Prelims (6PM ET)
- Daron Cruickshank vs. Paul Felder
- Ilir Latifi vs. Sean O’Connell
- Jimy Hettes vs. Charles Rosa
- Rob Font vs. Joey Gomez
- Francimar Barroso vs. Abdul-Kerim Edilov
Attention iPhone/iPad users, if you’ve enjoyed our app in the past and followed us there, or if you’ve never checked it out, make sure to update to the latest version in the Apple store. We’ve launched a new look for the app, in line with our recent desktop overhaul. Make sure to check it out! An update to our Android app is on its way soon as well, so Android users keep an eye out for that update soon!