Tonight, Valentina Shevchenko defends her flyweight title against Liz Carmouche. Who wins?
Frank Hyden MMATorch Columnist
Michael Hiscoe MMATorch Columnist
Sean Covington MMATorch Contributor
10 years ago everyone was a completely different person, except maybe Dana White. We saw Urijah Faber beat Dominick Cruz earlier in his career and this fight will play out like that one did. Liz Carmouche certainly has a resume not many havw. But the Valentina Shevchenko she is up against is the number 2 female MMA fighter in the world. No one would have believed that Amanda Nunes would be as dominant as she has been but look where we are in 2019. Jessica Eye had absolutely no business in the Octagon with Valentina and I believe that the same can be said for Liz Carmouche. I want Liz Carmouche get knocked out like Eye, like Holm, like Askren, like any other fighter that doesn’t belong.
Valentina Shevchenko and Liz Carmouche weigh-in
More from MMATorch:
- ROUNDTABLE: Where will Cyborg end up?
- ROUNDTABLE: What do you make of Colby Covington’s act?
- Dana White’s Contender Series, S 3, EP 7, LIVE REPORT
- REPORT: Holly Holm to face Raquel Pennington at UFC 243
- Zabit Magomedsharipov vs. Calvin Kattar set for Boston Fight Night card
- HISCOE: What UFC on ESPN ratings mean for Colby Covington’s future
- MMA Talk for Pro Wrestling Fans: Covington’s status as a major MMA star, UFC says goodbye to Cyborg, Summerslam preview