Zabit Magomedsharipov will fight Calvin Kattar on Oct. 18, in Boston.
The UFC’s trip to Boston on Oct. 18 will feature a native son versus a streaking prospect.
According to a report by ESPN, featherweights Zabit Magomedsharipov and Calvin Kattar will co-headline the UFC Fight Night card.
At 28, Magomedsharipov boasts a 17-1 record, going 5-0 in the UFC. Three of those victories have come via submission.
Most recently, Magomedsharipov defeated Jeremy Stephens at UFC 235 in March.
Meanwhile, Massachusetts native Calvin Kattar, 31, recently disposed of Ricardo Lamas at UFC 238 in June. Kattar sports a 20-3 overall record, while going 4-1 in the UFC.
Like his opponent, Kattar has three UFC victories due to stoppage; however Kattar has earned his finishes with strikes.
The Oct. 18 event will take place at the TD Garden in Boston, and air on ESPN.
The card will be headlined by Chris Weidman’s light heavyweight debut against Dominick Reyes.
More from MMATorch:
- HISCOE: What UFC on ESPN ratings mean for Colby Covington’s future
- MMA Talk for Pro Wrestling Fans: Covington’s status as a major MMA star, UFC says goodbye to Cyborg, Summerslam preview
- HYDEN BLOG: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly from UFC Newark
- Colby Covington defeats Robbie Lawler in lopsided decision
- WATCH: Four finishes from the UFC Newark prelims