Gillian Robertson got the first finish of UFC 240, when earned a TKO victory over Sarah Frota.
Full fight recap: Gillian Robertson (6-3) vs. Sarah Frota (9-1) – Women’s Flyweight 125 lbs.
Round 1: Frota counters a kick with a right hand. Robertson lands an early takedown. Frota pulls Robertson into her guard. Robertson breaks free, but Frota gets into position for a leg-lock. As they roll, Frota locks in a triangle. Robertson escapes into side-control. and lands an elbow that busts Frota up.
Round 2: Robertson grabs a single-leg takedown. From the top Robertson lands an elbow. Fronta lands punches from the bottom. Robertson answers with punches. Frota lands a choke from the bottom. Robertson escapes into a mount where she lands strikes from the top. Frota covers up from elbows. ITS OVER!
Result: Gillian Robertson def. Sarah Frota via TKO at 4:13 of round 2
Analysis: Very fun fight. Frota’s grappling gave Robertson trouble the entire fight, but eventually Robertson was able to take advantage of the top position.
WATCH THE FINISH HERE:
Keep up with all the action here:
More from MMATorch:
- ROUNDTABLE: Who wins between Cris Cyborg and Felicia Spencer?
- ROUNDTABLE: Who wins between Max Holloway and Frankie Edgar?
- UFC 240 PREVIEW & PREDICTIONS 7/27: Grocke’s updated odds & predictions for every fight
- HISCOE: What can MMA learn from boxing’s tragic week?
- NEW PODCAST: Throwback Thursday: UFC 40, Vallejos & Hiscoe go back to 2002
- READER POLL: Who will Cris Cyborg sign with after UFC 240?
- MMATorch Cast (7/23) Looking at the most attended events in UFC history