On Saturday, Cris Cyborg will face Felicia Spencer in a women’s featherweight bout. Who wins?
Frank Hyden MMATorch Columnist
I’ll go with Cyborg to rebound and get the 2nd round TKO against Felicia Spencer. I think she’ll come roaring out of the gate and hurt Spencer with some power shots, but then she’ll be patient and not overextend. I think there’s a good chance this fight ends in the first round, but I think Spencer will be able to make it into the second round before succumbing to the power of Cyborg.
Sean Covington MMATorch Contributor
I got Cris Cyborg in this one. I believe Cyborg is still feared in the MMA community. Felicia Spencer should not take her lightly, but Spencer also needs to resist fearing Cyborg like so many others have in the past. Cyborg is coming off of a devastating loss so another loss here could be the beginning of the end of an illustrious career. I’m not giving Spencer more than a puncher’s chance in this fight though. The only fight anyone wants to see with Cyborg is Ronda Rousey vs. Cris Cyborg.
Michael Hiscoe MMATorch Columnist
Felicia Spencer looked good with an upset win over Megan Anderson in May, but Cyborg is a completely different animal. Spencer was able to swiftly but methodically take Anderson’s back and get the choke. There’s no way Spencer is getting that close to Cyborg without eating a handful of punches. After a quick and stunning loss to Amanda Nunes, Cyborg may be a little more tentative to engage than she typically is. For that reason, I’m predicting a third-round TKO for Cyborg to hand Spencer her first loss.
More from MMATorch:
- ROUNDTABLE: Who wins between Max Holloway and Frankie Edgar?
- UFC 240 PREVIEW & PREDICTIONS 7/27: Grocke’s updated odds & predictions for every fight
- HISCOE: What can MMA learn from boxing’s tragic week?
- NEW PODCAST: Throwback Thursday: UFC 40, Vallejos & Hiscoe go back to 2002
- READER POLL: Who will Cris Cyborg sign with after UFC 240?
- MMATorch Cast (7/23) Looking at the most attended events in UFC history