On Saturday, Frankie Edgar will challenge Max Holloway for the featherweight title, at UFC 240. Who wins?
Frank Hyden MMATorch Columnist
Sean Covington MMATorch Contributor
Max Holloway is gonna beat the brakes off of little Frankie Edgar. After talking to Ray Freeman, I believe Edgar has a much better chance than I gave him but I still believe Max will tag him with almost every punch. We saw what Max did to Jose Aldo. Edgar is a legend and a Hall of Famer but he is finally get beat up for 5 rounds unless Max Holloway decides to end it early.
Michael Hiscoe MMATorch Columnist
I’d love to go with Frankie Edgar here but it’s hard to pick against Max Holloway, even after the loss to Dustin Poirier earlier this year. If you look at the Poirier fight as a blueprint for how to beat Holloway, that isn’t really Edgar’s game. Edgar likes to use his speed and his wrestling to wear guys down, but he’s 37 now and speed and wrestling are two skills that diminish with age. I think Holloway will return to form Saturday night and be able to stop the takedown, use his distance and take a third-round TKO win to keep his title.
More from MMATorch:
- UFC 240 PREVIEW & PREDICTIONS 7/27: Grocke’s updated odds & predictions for every fight
- HISCOE: What can MMA learn from boxing’s tragic week?
- NEW PODCAST: Throwback Thursday: UFC 40, Vallejos & Hiscoe go back to 2002
- READER POLL: Who will Cris Cyborg sign with after UFC 240?
- MMATorch Cast (7/23) Looking at the most attended events in UFC history
- ROUNDTABLE: Who will Jorge Masvidal actually fight next?
- ROUNDTABLE: Is it time to start taking Greg Hardy seriously?