Welcome to MMATorch’s Daily Top Five. Every weekday, tune in for a new Top Five list on a variety of topics; some will be regularly updated, some will be one offs, but we hope you enjoy them all throughout the week! If you’ve got an idea for a Top Five list you’d like to see, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we may fit them into the weekly mix!
6/9/16: Top Five Quotes of the Week
In our regular Thursday feature, today we list out the most newsworthy, entertaining, or incendiary quotes of the week.
5. Jon Jones on Brock Lesnar’s addition to UFC 200: “Well if you want me to be honest I’m wondering how many millions that added to my purse. #Redpantynight”
4. Luke Rockhold on loss to Michael Bisping at UFC 199: “I love the fight game and all that it offers. It’s a chaotic world we live in but the reward far outweighs risk. Allowing the pressure of the situation get to me, I felt the need to preform and make a statement as opposed to staying calculated and winning the fight. I underestimated my opponent and paid for it. Forcing a fight that was unlike me, which left the door open. Credit to Micheal (sic) for being the tough guy that he is and capitalizing on the situation.”
3. Mark Hunt on fighting Brock Lesnar at UFC 200: “It’s time for ‘punch face,’ a game I have been playing for many years… I’ll knock his face off. I knock his mouth off and then his lips fly off… If he has an itch to scratch I will scratch it for him. I ain’t no part time fighter. He thinks this is a game where he can come back and forth. I will send this pretender back so he can play house with the other part timers. This realm is for the real fighters, not these damn pretenders.”
2. Brock Lesnar on why he’s returning to the UFC: “I want to be inside the Octagon again. I want to be inside the Octagon healthy. I want to be inside the Octagon under my terms. When I was inside the Octagon in my last few fights I believe I wasn’t the man that I needed to be. I was faking it. I was faking it just to be in there. I was faking it that a disease [wasn’t] more powerful than me. I was faking it that I was more powerful than it. I want to go back into that Octagon. I want to have fun.”
1. Robbie Lawler on what would have happened had he fought Conor McGregor: “He’s a big draw but it wouldn’t have been good for him. Cause if I hurt him, I wasn’t taking his neck. [What would I have taken?] His soul. I’m a lot different that most people and he found a way out. Diaz took his neck and was nice to him. I’m just telling it like it is and how I saw it.”
[Photo (c) Joe Camporeale via USA Today Sports]
Attention iPhone/iPad and Android users, if you’ve enjoyed our app in the past and followed us there, or if you’ve never checked it out, make sure to update to the latest version in the Apple store and/or Google Play store. We’ve launched a new look for the app, in line with our recent desktop overhaul. Make sure to check it out!
For current App users, swipe right to view next article, swipe left to view previous article.