Welcome to MMATorch’s new Daily Top Five. Every weekday, tune in for a new Top Five list on a variety of topics; some will be regularly updated, some will be one offs, but we hope you enjoy them all throughout the week! If you’ve got an idea for a Top Five list you’d like to see, email email@example.com and we may fit them into the weekly mix!
3/24/16: Top Five Quotes of the Week
In what will be a regular Thursday feature, today we list out the most newsworthy, entertaining, or incendiary quotes of the week.
5. T.J. Dillashaw on Urijah Faber vs. Dominick Cruz: “I’m pretty pissed. Faber isn’t deserving. The only way this guy has stayed relevant during the last year is talking s*** about me. It’s unfortunate everything has become more about entertainment than sport… I’m going to be ready and in shape if one of those guys gets hurt. One of them is old and one of them is constantly hurt so, you know, I’ve got a good chance.”
4. Rashad Evans questions how Jon Jones will return: “We’ve only seen one – the brave, audacious, amazing Jon Jones. We’ve never seen a Jon Jones that had to really contemplate any kind of technique, any kind of move, will he return and be that same free flowing fighter that’s made him one of the greatest fighters in UFC history?”
3. Jose Aldo on Conor McGregor’s UFC 196 loss: “You will come back [to the featherweight division] with your tail between your legs after what happened, after that embarrassment. You will come back. My hand almost caught you, but when it does for good, you will sleep.”
2. Lorenzo Fertitta on UFC’s eventual Madison Square Garden debut: “I think it’s going to be an epic moment for the sport and for our company… We’re going to put together the best available matches that we can. You’d have the biggest names that we can possibly put on, the biggest names that are available at the time. Believe me, we want to knock it out of the park and we want to deliver to New York in a big way.”
1. Nate Diaz on possible Conor McGregor rematch at UFC 200: “I lost plenty of decisions and I’ve never got a rematch to this day. So that’s crazy. Conor got worked over and now they’re saying rematch, which makes sense, I understand that. I just think it’s funny because it’s like, Jose Aldo didn’t get a rematch.”
[Photo (c) Mark J. Rebilas via USA Today Sports]
Attention iPhone/iPad and Android users, if you’ve enjoyed our app in the past and followed us there, or if you’ve never checked it out, make sure to update to the latest version in the Apple store and/or Google Play store. We’ve launched a new look for the app, in line with our recent desktop overhaul. Make sure to check it out!
For current App users, swipe right to view next article, swipe left to view previous article.