Tonight, Holly Holm and Raquel Pennington will fight in the co-main event of UFC 246. Who wins?
Who wins between Holly Holm and Raquel Pennington?
Frank Hyden MMATorch Columnist
I’ll go with Holm by a very close decision, possibly even a split decision. I think this will be a really close fight that’s probably a bit tedious at times but will be hard-fought and grueling. I think Holm has some success with her striking but that she’ll be better in the clinch. I think this will be a grinding type of fight that Holm pulls out at the end.
Michael Hiscoe MMATorch Columnist
The last time they fought it was super close, and I definitely had questions about Raquel Pennington’s future after she essentially quit on the stool against Amanda Nunes a couple of years ago, but something tells me that she has a little bit more left in the tank than Holly Holm does at this point. Just like when they first met in 2015, Holm is certainly the more technically proficient fighter, but Pennington has that grit factor that can win her some close fights. I think this one goes to Rocky by decision.
Dylan Thompson MMATorck UK Specialist
It will be a very close fight like their first encounter and wouldn’t surprise me if this went the distance again, I think Pennington could pull this one out the bag.
Sean Covington MMATorch Contributor
Holly Holm will win a boring fight against Raquel Pennington. Holly Holm will do well as she almost always does but there won’t be anything in the fight that stands out, not a single thing that will make anyone think twice about this fight. I am not a Holm fan, I don’t know what’s next for her but a win over Raquel Pennington is insignificant. If you want to build up Holly Holm, put her in a rematch against de Randamie. If she avenges that loss give her Joanna Jedrzejczyk, if she beats JJ then we can talk about a legitimate title shot after a couple of more wins.
More from MMATorch
- Who wins between Conor McGregor and Donald Cerrone?
- U.K. Cage Warriors fighters who could cross over to the UFC, Part 1
- Does UFC 246 feel like a major card?
- HYDEN BLOG: Potential Diaz brother fights, Jared Cannonier, and Paul Daley
- READER POLL Who wins: Conor or Cowboy?
- MMA Talk for Pro Wrestling Fans – Vallejos and Monsey look ahead to UFC 236, discuss Conor McGregor feeling stagnant
- HISCOE: Can Conor McGregor return to form at UFC 246?
- HYDEN BLOG: Thoughts on Conor McGregor vs. Donald Cerrone
Leave a Reply