Tonight, Frank Mir and Roy Nelson will fight in the main event of Bellator 231. Who wins?
Who wins between Frank Mir and Roy Nelson?
Frank Hyden MMATorch Columnist
I guess I’ll go with Mir. To be honest, I have very little interest in this fight and I don’t think it should even take place. Mir is 2-8 in his last 10 fights and hasn’t won a fight since 2015, and Nelson is 1-4 in his last 5 fights and hasn’t won a fight since 2017. This will probably be a dud fight in which the only good thing that could happen is neither guy gets hurt too badly.
Sean Covington MMATorch Contributor
Do we have to pick a winner? It seems like they both lose in this fight. I’m going with Frank Mir. I believe Roy Nelson still has the power to knock out just about anyone but that won’t be enough to finish Mir. Frank Mir is probably going to make one final push to try and get into the title picture. That last hoorah for Mir could begin or end with this fight. It’ll be interesting to see what each fighter has left in the tank. Three more fights out of each maximum.
Michael Hiscoe MMATorch Columnist
More from MMATorch
- A Twitter diary of Nate Diaz’s potential withdraw from UFC 244
- HISCOE: Conor McGregor shouldn’t be fighting anywhere, but definitely not NYC
- Conor McGregor announces date of next fight
- NEWS UPDATE: Conor talks next fight, Faber and Aldo next fights in the works
- NEWS UPDATE: Hardy gets new opponent, Weidman releases statement, Minakov-Ayala off
- HYDEN BLOG: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly from UFC Boston
- MMA Talk for Pro Wrestling Fans – Vallejos & Monsey review UFC Boston, preview UFC Singapore, Bellator 231 and 232, more
- Conor McGregor and other MMA topics that could get the 30 for 30 treatment
Leave a Reply