Preview via Michael Grocke (full odds and preview here)
The UFC makes its way to the Golden 1 Center in Sacramento, California for UFC Fight Night 155 on Saturday night. The main event takes place in the women’s bantamweight division where Aspen Ladd will bring her undefeated record to the cage and take on Germaine de Randamie.
Germaine de Randamie enters Saturday night’s main even fight against Aspen Ladd riding a four-fight win streak. Her last loss occurred at UFC Fight Night 31 back in November of 2013 where she got stopped by Amanda Nunes. The former UFC featherweight champion’s most recent victory came at UFC Fight Night 139 where she beat Raquel Pennington via unanimous decision. This will be the thirty-five-year-old’s twelfth professional fight. Five of her eight wins went the distance.
Aspen Ladd has yet to taste defeat in her MMA career. Her most recent win occurred two months ago at UFC Fight Night 152 where she earned a hard-fought unanimous decision over Sijara Eubanks. At only twenty-four years old, the California native will make the walk for the ninth time on Saturday. Six of her eight victories ended inside the distance.
The co-main takes place in the men’s bantamweight division where UFC hall of famer Urijah Faber takes on Ricky Simon. Urijah Faber last fought at UFC on FOX 22 where he defeated Brad Pickett via unanimous decision. It was after that fight Faber announced his retirement. Two and a half years later Faber returns and makes the walk for the forty-fifth time. The “California Kid” boasts twenty-six finishes to go along with seven wins via decision in his thirty-four career victories.
Ricky Simon has won his last eight fights in a row. He is 3-0 in the UFC, beating Merab Dvalishvili, Montel Jackson and most recently Rani Yahya. At only twenty-six years old, Simon will make the walk for the seventeenth time when he steps into the octagon opposite Faber on Saturday night. Eight of his fifteen career wins went the distance.
All fights on ESPN+
- Men’s bantamweight:Benito Lopez def. Vince Morales via unanimous decision (29-28, 3x)
- Strawweight: Brianna Van Buren def. Livinha Souza via unanimous decision (30-27)
- Men’s bantamweight: Jonathan Martinez def. Pingyuan Liu via KO at 3:54 of round 3
- Men’s featherweight: Ryan Hall def. Darren Elkins via unanimous decision (29-28, 2x, 30-27)
- Women’s bantamweight: Julianna Pena def. Nicco Montano via unanimous decision (29-28 2x, 29-27)
- Men’s featherweight: Andre Fili def. Sheymon Moraes via KO at 3:07 of round 1
- Light heavyweight: John Allan def. Mike Rodriguez via unanimous decision (29-28 2x, 30-27)
- Middleweight: Marvin Vettori def. Cezar Ferreira via unanimous decision (30-27 3x)
- Middleweight:Karl Roberson def. Wellington Turman via split-decision
- Men’s featherweight: Josh Emmett def. Mirsad Bektic via TKO at 4:25 of round 1
- Men’s bantamweight:Urijah Faber def. Ricky Simon via KO at :46 of round 1
- Women’s bantamweight:Germaine de Randamie def. Aspen Ladd via TKO at :16 of round 1
More from MMATorch:
Leave a Reply