There is nothing more important than making a first impression. Dalcha Lungiambula welcomed himself to the UFC with a third round TKO of DeQuan Townsend.
After two largely uneventful rounds, Lungiambula came out of the gates with guns blazing in the third.
Full Report via Cole Henry:
Dalcha Lungiambula vs. Dequan Townsend (Light-heavyweight)
Favorite: Lungiambula -330
Round 1: Dalcha bursts into action with a right hook! He connects again with a left and a right hand! Townsend is defending himself effectively for the most part, but he’s clearly the less explosive fighter out of the two. Dalcha scores with a takedown and moves into top half. Townsend is working back to his feet, but Dalcha is holding on and keeping him down. He scoops Townsend up and slams him down. Townsend had recovered guard. (10-9 Lungiambula)
Round 2: Dalcha scores with a takedown right out of the gate. We’re seeing lots of control from Dalcha, his biggest concern appears to be maintaining position. We see a stand up near the end of the second round. They’re both throwing shots in the final moments of the round! (10-9 Lungiambula) Very uneventful round.
Round 3: Dalcha connects early with a big left hook! Townsend is down and Dalcha follows him, dropping into the mount. He is throwing punches and elbows down in a fury and this fight is all over!
Result: Dalcha Lungiambula def. Dequan Townsend via TKO (Punches and Elbows) Round 3, 0:42
WATCH THE TKO HERE:
— ESPN MMA (@espnmma) June 29, 2019
Follow along the action live:
More from MMATorch:
- UFC Minneapolis LIVE REPORT: Real-time results and analysis of Ngannou vs. dos Santos
- UFC Minneapolis LIVE RESULTS
- ROUNDTABLE: Who wins between Francis Ngannou & Junior dos Santos?
- UFC Minneapolis PREVIEW & PREDICTIONS 6/29: Grocke’s updated odds & predictions for every fight
- DEBUT PODCAST: The MMA & Sports Betting Podcast: UFC Minneapolis
- HISCOE: Why Dana White shouldn’t be influencing fight results and what he might be after here