Welcome to MMATorch’s Daily Top Five. Every weekday, tune in for a new Top Five list on a variety of topics; some will be regularly updated, some will be one offs, but we hope you enjoy them all throughout the week! If you’ve got an idea for a Top Five list you’d like to see, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we may fit them into the weekly mix!
7/28/16: Top Five MMA Quotes of the Week
In our regular Thursday feature, today we list out the most newsworthy, entertaining, or incendiary quotes of the week.
5. Joe Rogan on wavering about UFC renewal: “I was on the fence, man. I just do too much s***. I’m too f***ing busy. After a while I’m like, I don’t know if I’m doing myself or all the different things I do a disservice. I was real close. It was like, either I’m just gonna completely bail off of this or I’m gonna figure it out… I don’t want anybody to think that I don’t appreciate it or I don’t know how lucky I am or I don’t think it’s an amazing job. I definitely do. But I’m almost too lucky. I have too many amazing jobs.”
4. Conor McGregor reacts to Chad Mendes’ USADA suspension: “I wonder was he on that stuff when we fought. One thing I know for sure though, you can’t put steroids on your chin.”
3. Dan Henderson on future after title bout with Michael Bisping: “That is my plan, win or lose I’m ready mentally to retire. My body could still probably go another two, three years more. I’ve put it through enough. I’m ready to take it a little bit easier, but still be involved in MMA doing something a little bit different than fighting.”
2. Nate Diaz on mindset into his fights: “[With fighting I] get a little anxious. I write it off from the beginning like, ‘I’m probably gonna get knocked out.’ So just take that and accept it, and then go in there and make it happen. When it doesn’t happen, when you come out with a win, that’s pretty exciting… They’re all full of it. I’m a realist, man. I accept the fact that there’s a probability you’re gonna get taken out and it’s gonna be pretty embarrassing. So I accept that and go out there and don’t let it happen. And hopefully come out on top.”
1. Mark Hunt rips UFC over Brock Lesnar’s failed test: “The problem is everyone these days, ‘man, I want to get into the UFC.’ F*** the UFC. You’re sh*t. You motherf***ers don’t look after nobody. We’ll let this f***ing white piece of sh*t f***ing stick needles in his ass and say, ‘oh, he’s going to take us all the way to the f***ing bank.’ Let’s give him f***ing millions of dollars and not worry about this motherf***er. You know what? F*** that and f*** your sh*t company. Look at that for a contract. You can sue me on that, motherf***ers.”
Attention iPhone/iPad and Android users, if you’ve enjoyed our app in the past and followed us there, or if you’ve never checked it out, make sure to update to the latest version in the Apple store and/or Google Play store. We’ve launched a new look for the app, in line with our recent desktop overhaul. Make sure to check it out!
For current App users, swipe right to view next article, swipe left to view previous article.