It’s been a rollercoaster ride for Michael Bisping in the 10 years he’s been with the UFC, but he will finally get the chance to fight for the UFC Middleweight Title on Saturday night when he takes on Middleweight Champion Luke Rockhold for the belt. Late replacement Bisping is stepping into the biggest fight of his career on only two weeks notice as a late replacement for the injured Chris Weidman.
Also on the card Dominick Cruz and Urijah Faber meet for the third time, as they battle it out for the UFC Bantamweight title, and Max Holloway will be looking to extend his eight fight winning streak and edge closer to a title shot when he faces #5 ranked Featherweight Ricardo Lamas. Hector Lombard makes his middleweight debut against Dan Henderson and Dustin Poirier returns in a lightweight bout vs. Bobby Green to make up the main card.
A stacked card from top to bottom, which is to be topped off with a newly crowned UFC Middleweight Champion. #BackBisping
World Cup Quarter Final Draw:
Scott Pipher vs. David Lindahn
Richard Race vs David Little
Ben S vs. Ben Heather
Eugene Kim vs. Mark Sacchetti
All UFC 199 picks should be submitted to email@example.com before the first prelim fight on Saturday night.
MMATorch Confidence Picks Championship Match Up:
Sean Simpson (Champion) vs. Jaymon1002 (Challenger) vs. Mark Bunce (Challenger)
MMATorch Betting Picks Championship Match Up:
David Lindahn (Champion) vs. Eugene Kim (Challenger)
UFC 199 FIGHT CARD:
Luke Rockhold (c) vs. Michael Bisping
Dominic Cruz (c) vs. Urijah Faber III
Max Holloway vs. Ricardo Lamas
Dan Henderson vs. Hector Lombard
Dustin Poirier vs. Bobby Green
Brian Ortega vs. Clay Guida
Beneil Dariush vs. James Vick
Jessica Penne vs. Jessica Andrade
Cole Miller vs. Alex Caceres
Sean Strickland vs. Tom Breese
Jonathan Wilson vs. Luiz Henrique da Silva
Kevin Casey vs. Elvis Mutapcic
Polo Reyes vs. Dong Hyun Kim
CONFIDENCE PICKS GAME AND RULES
1. UFC 199 is a 13 fight card. Therefore, the point values you assign must range from 13 (most confident) down to 1 (least confident).
2. Additionally, please list your prediction for method of victory, along with the round. Choose either TKO, KO, SUB, UD (Unanimous Decision) or SD (Split Decision).
3. Using UFC FN 87 as a template, here is how a simple entry might look:
13- Overeem TKO1
12- Krylov TKO1
11- Khabilov UD
10- Struve KO2
9- Cedenblad UD
8- de Randamie TKO1
7- Kowalkiewicz UD
6- Tumenov SUB
5- Tuck UD
4- Edwards UD
3- Madadi TKO1
2- Seery SD
1- Gates UD
4. When you email me your entry, please sort the entry numerically (as shown) from high to low. Thanks.
5. The first tie-breaker is the sum of confidence points. Using the examples above, a Jones victory would earn 12 points. Hester winning would earn just 1 point, etc.
6. If two participants earn the same number of confidence points, the next tie-breaker will be the total number of winners predicted. If Player A earns 40 points on 7 winning picks, and Player B earns 40 points on 6 winning picks, Player A would be declared the winner.
7. The next tie-breaker is the number of victory methods predicted correctly. Next would be predicted rounds of victory. If both players are still tied at this point, both players will be declared the winner. If the tie is for a championship, they would match up again at the next event, along with the winner of the pool. If the tie occurs in the pool itself, both challengers would advance to face the champion at the next event.
BETTING GAME AND RULES
Here are the UFC 199 betting lines courtesy of 5Dimes:
Luke Rockhold -650
Michael Bisping +475
Dominic Cruz -500
Urijah Faber +400
Max Holloway -335
Ricardo Lamas +275
Hector Lombard -420
Dan Henderson +335
Dustin Poirier -220
Bobby Green +180
Brian Ortega -275
Clay Guida +235
Beneil Dariush -200
James Vick +170
Jessica Penne -145
Jessica Andrade +125
Cole Miller -185
Alex Caceres +160
Tom Breese -145
Sean Strickland +125
Jonathan Wilson -230
Luiz Henrique da Silva +190
Elvis Mutapcic -160
Kevin Casey +140
Polo Reyes -110
Dong Hyun Kim -110
8. Using UFC FN 87 as a template again, here is how a simple entry might look:
$400 on Overeem
$300 on Seery
$100 on Struve
$200 Parlay on Struve, Tuck and Tumenov
9. Every player has $1000 of fake, imaginary, theoretical, play money to wager on each event. This is not a real money game, it is strictly for fun.
10. Players must place a bet of at least $50, but no more than $500, on each of 3 or more different fighters. Bets may be in any denomination, as long as the amount falls in the range of $50 – $500.
11. Players may also play a parlay bet. A parlay bet is a bet placed on multiple fighters. All fighters in the parlay must win their fights in order for the parlay to pay off. Parlay bets pay off at a higher rate than a bet on a single fighter. The parlay bet may be placed on either two or three fighters.
12. The minimum parlay bet is $50. The maximum parlay bet is $200. This money comes out of the $1000 allotted to each player. The parlay bet is NOT separate from the $1000 budget. A player is not required to play a parlay bet. The maximum number of parlay bets a player may wager is one.
13. Whether or not a player chooses to place a parlay bet, the player must still place at least three straight bets. It is not legal to place two bets on individual fighters and one parlay bet. No entry is considered valid unless there are a minimum of 3 straight bets placed on individual fighters.
14. If a fight ends in a draw, any money bet on said fighter will be refunded, with no fake money commission taken. If a fighter in a 3-fighter parlay is involved in a draw, that fighter will be removed from the parlay and the 3-fighter parlay will be treated as a 2-fighter parlay. If a fighter in a 2-fighter parlay is involved in a draw, that fighter will be removed from the parlay and the 2-fighter parlay will be treated as a straight bet on the remaining fighter.
15. Joker card can be placed on any fighter up to the maximum value of 4 confidence points, 1 being the minimum.
For example, if you placed your joker card on a fighter with 4 confidence points and the fighter goes onto win, you earn an extra 4 points to your overall total.
If your fighter is to lose, not only do you lose your 4 points, an additional 4 points will be taken from your total.
If it’s 3 points on a fighter, an additional 3 would be added to you total, and for a loss 3 extra points taken from your total, and so on.
*The Joker Card (DOES NOT) have to be played, it’s very much optional.
16. If a fighter has a positive number such as +150 next to his name, he is the underdog, which means a successful bet on that fighter will pay off at a higher rate. That means that if the fighter wins, the bet will payout $150 net profit for every $100 bet on him. If a player were to bet $500 on a +150 fighter, and the fighter wins, the player will profit $750. If a player bets $500 on a +150 fighter, and the fighter loses, the player will lose his $500 bet.
17. If a fighter has a negative number such as -200 next to his name, he is the favourite, which means a successful bet on that fighter will pay off at a lower rate. That means that if the fighter wins, the bet will payout $100 net profit for every $200 bet on him. If a player were to bet $500 on a -200 fighter, and the fighter wins, the player will profit $250. If a player bets $500 on a -200 fighter, and the fighter loses, the player will lose his $500 bet.
Structure for each game
18. For each UFC numbered (or listed otherwise) event, both the Confidence Picks and Betting Game will feature a champion and a challenger facing off against one another. The winner of the head to head battle will be declared the reigning champion.
19. All other players for each UFC numbered (or listed otherwise) event will compete against each other for the right to face off against the reigning champion at the next UFC numbered event. This is known as The Pool.
20. As games administrator, I have the subjective right to eliminate any entry for any reason I deem worthy.
21. Entries may be submitted via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or on the comment section of this post. Email is the preferred method, because if a player posts an invalid entry, I have no way to make sure I can get hold of the player so that it may be corrected. Please, under no circumstances should you both email and post on the board your entry. One or the other please,preferably via email.
22. If you have any questions, please email me and ask. For game updates follow me on Twitter, @Strong_tea
Attention iPhone/iPad and Android users, if you’ve enjoyed our app in the past and followed us there, or if you’ve never checked it out, make sure to update to the latest version in the Apple store and/or Google Play store. We’ve launched a new look for the app, in line with our recent desktop overhaul. Make sure to check it out!
For current App users, swipe right to view next article, swipe left to view previous article.