Welcome to MMATorch’s Daily Top Five. Every weekday, tune in for a new Top Five list on a variety of topics; some will be regularly updated, some will be one offs, but we hope you enjoy them all throughout the week! If you’ve got an idea for a Top Five list you’d like to see, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we may fit them into the weekly mix!
5/26/16: Top Five Quotes of the Week
In our regular Thursday feature, today we list out the most newsworthy, entertaining, or incendiary quotes of the week.
5. “Jacare” Souza on Michael Bisping: “I fought the guy that knocked him out, so no way he’s in front of me. The guys I beat are tougher than the ones he defeated. Time means nothing, what really means is what you’ve done to earn it. I earned it. They called me on short notice and I couldn’t take it, but I’m next. No need to say anything else. My loss to Romero was a robbery and then he got caught. Weidman won’t return until November. And I beat Vitor up, so I’m next.”
4. Tito Ortiz on a UFC without Dana White: “I think the promotion would completely fail. I think it would crash and burn, that’s my opinion. I think Dana does a great job with the promotion. Sometimes we don’t agree on the same things but that’s just between me and him. Like I say, it’s a girlfriend-boyfriend type of relationship, him being the girlfriend of course… Dana does a great job with what he does and that’s why the company is worth four billion dollars.”
3. Michael Bisping on UFC 199 bout with Luke Rockhold: “I’m gonna go in there fresh, I’m gonna go in there strong, very very confident, with no pressure. Do you understand how mentally freeing it is to know I’m supposed to lose? I’m supposed to lose, so f*** it, I’m gonna go out there and do my best.”
2. Conor McGregor on latest meeting with Dana White and Lorenzo Fertitta: “Good conversation like it always is. We have a good relationship. It is what it is. It happens. This is the fight game. Sometimes emotions get into it. But it’s important to recognize that emotions have no place in business. That’s essentially what it was last night. We just set it aside. There’s no place for emotions in this. We are doing beautiful things. So let’s continue. Let’s fix it and let’s continue.”
1. Nate Diaz on inequitable push from UFC to Conor McGregor: “Can I get built up a little better? Conor McGregor is an artificial, they pushed him and he wasn’t whooping all types of asses and s***. They put me in, I’ve been in fight after fight, I didn’t do no media, I didn’t do no s*** … now he’s where he’s at because the UFC kicked his ass and put him in gear and blew him up. How come he was such a big deal when he beat Dennis Siver? Who the f*** is Dennis Siver? Is that guy even ranked? I’m like, ‘get the f*** out of here.'”
[Photo (c) Mark J. Rebilas via USA Today Sports]
Attention iPhone/iPad and Android users, if you’ve enjoyed our app in the past and followed us there, or if you’ve never checked it out, make sure to update to the latest version in the Apple store and/or Google Play store. We’ve launched a new look for the app, in line with our recent desktop overhaul. Make sure to check it out!
For current App users, swipe right to view next article, swipe left to view previous article.