Wanderlei Silva’s saga with the Nevada Athletic Commission was delayed once again on Monday, as the NAC tabled the re-hearing for his lifetime ban until their Dec. 17 meeting.
According to a report from MMAJunkie.com, Silva’s attorney, Ross Goodman, was prepared to present a consent order, which would have resolved the disciplinary case without an admission of guilt on Silva’s part. Goodman said he had negotiated that order with Nevada Deputy Attorney General Chris Eccles, but Goodman’s fellow Deputy AG Vivienne Rakowsky told the commission not to hear the order until it had been reviewed separately.
Goodman and Silva need a resolution to Silva’s case – which was sent back to the NAC after a Nevada judge shot down their lifetime ban as “arbitrary and capricious” – before they can move forward with a further appeal of the commission’s jurisdiction to test him in the first place.
Penick’s Analysis: It’s odd that Goodman had negotiated something with one of the Deputy AGs, indeed the one who has represented the commission against Silva at every hearing to date, and yet it gets delayed by another Deputy AG. Regardless, eventually some resolution is going to come to the disciplinary portion of Silva’s case, and from there Silva’s jurisdiction appeal will be heard. I don’t know how much success they’ll find on that impending issue, but hopefully this can get moving and finished by next month’s meeting.
Leave a Reply