Tonight, Donald Cerrone will take on Justin Gaethje in a lightweight showdown. Who wins?
Who wins between Donald Cerrone and Justin Gaethje?
Frank Hyden MMATorch Columnist
I’ll go with Gaethje by TKO in the 2nd round. He’s just so relentless and always coming forward that I think he’ll find his mark and finish Cerrone. It should be a crazy fight that has the crowd on their feet. I think this fight ends in the second round regardless of who wins, and I think Gaethje lands his finishing shot before Cerrone can.
Michael Hiscoe MMATorch Columnist
I like Justin Gaethje here. Donald Cerrone sometimes runs into trouble when his opponent puts pressure on him and that’s what I expect Gaethje to do here. Gaethje will lay low early and stick to his jab and then push the pace and introduce some kicks and score the TKO win in the second round.
Sean Covington MMATorch Contributor
I got Donald Cerrone knocking out Justin Gaethje. Gaethje comes forward during his entire fights and that has proven to be a mistake against an elite level guy like Cerrone. Even though Cerrone gets off to a slow start, we have seen Cerrone punish guys who have pressed him relentlessly. Gaethje is a meathead that just keeps going forward even when it’s definitely the wrong thing to do and that’s exactly what he’ll do here, like he did against Eddie Alvarez and Dustin Poirier.
More from MMATorch:
- HISCOE: It’s super necessary for UFC to hit the fast forward button on Usman-Covington
- WHO, WHAT & HOW: Henry’s preview of Donald Cerrone vs. Justin Gaethje
- What is the better main event: Cerrone vs. Gaethje or Masvidal vs. Diaz?
- Who SHOULD get the next shot at Khabib Nurmagomedov?
- HYDEN BLOG: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly from Bellator 226 and UFC 242