After Urijah Faber triumphantly returned to active competition at UFC Sacramento, he made it clear that he is not done fighting. Who should he fight next?
Frank Hyden MMATorch Columnist
Sean Covington MMATorch Contributor
Well it not a who but a what; what Faber should fight is the urge to push for a title shot and just enjoy whatever ride he is on. Faber is currently in a Twitter feud with Henry Cejudo which should lead nowhere. Lobbying for a title shot is so overdone in the UFC. If Faber must face a fighter let him face TJ and get knocked the hell out.
Dylan Bowker MMATorch Correspondent
I would like to see Urijah Faber fight someone like Peter Yan. I would like to see Aljamain get the next title shot and Faber vs Yan makes sense to a degree. If Faber wins, it galvanizes the merit surrounding him getting a title shot. If Yan wins, it’s a name-value win on his resume in a fight that many will likely tune into. A rematch with Jimmie Rivera could be on the table as well but I don’t like this match up quite as much. At least at this juncture. If Rivera gets back into the win column and looks impressive doing it, that rematch makes a ton of sense. All in all, I think Faber vs Yan would be a great fight to make. Especially in lieu of Cejudo being n the shelf and Sterling deserving the next crack at the crown.
More from MMATorch:
- ROUNDTABLE: Do you have a problem with the Ladd-de Randamie stoppage?
- MMA Talk for Pro Wrestling Fans – Vallejos talks Lesnar once again becoming WWE Universal champion, Rousey, more
- Bellator News Digest: Catching up on all the recent fight announcements
- Urijah Faber finishes Ricky Simon in UFC return: recap and fight video
- WATCH: Josh Emmett finishes Mirsad Bektic
- WATCH: Andre Fili KO’s Sheymon Moraes
- WATCH: Jonathan Martinez KO’s Pingyuan Liu
- UFC Sacramento LIVE RESULTS
- UFC Sacramento LIVE REPORT: Real-time results and analysis of Ladd-de Randamie, Faber-Simon