After a short hiatus, we’re back for UFC 205 and what an event to return for! It’s been a 20 year battle, but the UFC finally makes it’s long awaited return to New York this coming Saturday night and they’ve pulled out all the stops to ensure this is their biggest event to date.
Headlining the main event will see current UFC Featherweight Champion Conor McGregor vying to become the first fighter in UFC history to hold two belts, in two different weight classes, at the same time as he challenges UFC Lightweight Champion Eddie Alavarez for the Lightweight Title. UFC Welterweight Champion Tyron Woodley will put his belt on the line as he faces no.1 contender Stephen Thompson in the co-main event of the evening. And if that wasn’t enough for you, UFC Strawweight Champion Joanna Jędrzejczyk will defend her title for the fourth time in an all Polish battle against #2 ranked Strawweight Karolina Kowalkiewicz.
Title implications are on the line for Middleweights Chris Weidman vs. Yoel Romero with the winner likely to get a title shot on the back of a win. Fan favorite Donald Cerrone will look to add to his winning streak when he faces Kelvin Gastelum in a welterweight bout, whilst Miesha Tate makes her return to the Octagon since losing her UFC Bantamweight Title back in July as she goes up against Raquel Pennington.
All entries should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org before the first prelim fight on Saturday night.
MMATorch Confidence Picks Championship Match Up:
Jaymon1002 (Champion) vs. James Brown (Challenger)
MMATorch Betting Picks Championship Match Up:
Tommy Strong (Champion) vs. Jaymon1002 (Challenger)
UFC 205 FIGHT CARD:
Eddie Alvarez (c) vs. Conor McGregor (c)
Tyron Woodley (c) vs. Stephen Thompson
Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Karolina Kowaliewicz
Chris Weidman vs. Yoel Romero
Donald Cerrone vs. Kelvin Gastelum
Miesha Tate vs. Raquel Pennington
Frankie Edgar vs. Jeremy Stephens
Michael Johnson vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov
Tim Boetsch vs. Rafael Natal
Vincente Luque vs. Belal Muhammad
Jim Miller vs. Thiago Alves
Liz Carmouche vs. Katlyn Chookagian
CONFIDENCE PICKS GAME AND RULES
1. UFC 205 is a 12 fight card. Therefore, the point values you assign must range from 12 (most confident) down to 1 (least confident).
2. Additionally, please list your prediction for method of victory, along with the round. Choose either TKO, KO, SUB, UD (Unanimous Decision) or SD (Split Decision).
3. Using UFC 202 as a template, here is how a simple entry might look:
12- Vettori UD
11- Garbrandt TKO2
10- Johnson KO1
9- Pennington UD
8- Covington TKO2
7- Larkin TKO2
6- Means UD
5- Markos SUB2
4- Diaz UD
3- Cerrone TKO2
2- Perry UD
1- Lobov UD
4. When you email me your entry, please sort the entry numerically (as shown) from high to low. Thanks.
5. The first tie-breaker is the sum of confidence points. Using the examples above, a Vettori victory would earn 12 points. Lobov winning would earn just 1 point, etc.
6. If two participants earn the same number of confidence points, the next tie-breaker will be the total number of winners predicted. If Player A earns 40 points on 7 winning picks, and Player B earns 40 points on 6 winning picks, Player A would be declared the winner.
7. The next tie-breaker is the number of victory methods predicted correctly. Next would be predicted rounds of victory. If both players are still tied at this point, both players will be declared the winner. If the tie is for a championship, they would match up again at the next event, along with the winner of the pool. If the tie occurs in the pool itself, both challengers would advance to face the champion at the next event.
If you have any questions, please email me and ask. For game updates follow me on Twitter, @Strong_tea
Leave a Reply