Welcome to MMATorch’s Daily Top Five. Every weekday, tune in for a new Top Five list on a variety of topics; some will be regularly updated, some will be one offs, but we hope you enjoy them all throughout the week! If you’ve got an idea for a Top Five list you’d like to see, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we may fit them into the weekly mix!
6/2/16: Top Five Quotes of the Week
In our regular Thursday feature, today we list out the most newsworthy, entertaining, or incendiary quotes of the week.
5. Miesha Tate on Ronda Rousey: “I think Ronda is somewhat emotionally unstable and I think that’s been a characteristic for a long time. Doesn’t mean she fights any worse for it. I’m not knocking her as an athlete but emotionally she’s just got some things that are a little bit strange.”
4. Michael Bisping on “Jacare” Souza turning down UFC 199 title fight: “I never thought ‘Jacare’ would turn it down. Who turns it down? He just destroyed Vitor Belfort. He’s in great shape. Yes, he might have a sore knee. Listen, I’ve got injuries all over the place, but you do it. You fight. The world isn’t perfect. You wait for the perfect conditions, the perfect conditions never come.”
3. Jon Jones to Daniel Cormier: “It’s good to see you enjoying your last days as paper champ Daniel. I was actually planning on leaving you alone and letting you enjoy them with your family, then you had to go and put this weird shit on the Internet. It’s obvious I’m balls deep in your head right now… You’ll be getting your ass kicked soon enough.”
2. Conor McGregor on first Nate Diaz bout at UFC 197: “The first eight minutes of the fight was easy. Let’s be honest, I slapped the head off him. Once the gas tank went, that was it. I drowned. He landed that one punch that rang the bell and went, ‘[Gasp], I’m back.’ He was close to being done. One or two more shots and he would have been wrapped up.”
1. Luke Rockhold makes his UFC 199 prediction: “They’re gonna see a one-of-a-kind knockout. Something they’ve never seen before. I’m gonna put on a clinic… People do not like confidence. People hate people that tell them what they’re gonna do. People hate that… A lot of these guys think they know what they’re gonna do. Few people really do know. And that’s what separates us. I’m gonna go do exactly what I said.”
[Photo (c) Joe Camporeale via USA Today Sports]
Attention iPhone/iPad and Android users, if you’ve enjoyed our app in the past and followed us there, or if you’ve never checked it out, make sure to update to the latest version in the Apple store and/or Google Play store. We’ve launched a new look for the app, in line with our recent desktop overhaul. Make sure to check it out!
For current App users, swipe right to view next article, swipe left to view previous article.
Leave a Reply