Seven fighters have been suspended indefinitely pending doctor’s clearance after Saturday’s UFC on Fox 18 event, including headliner Ryan Bader and main card fighter Sage Northcutt.
The New Jersey State Athletic Control Board emailed the list of suspensions to MMATorch on Monday.
Bader must receive a neurological exam and be cleared via CT scan after the brutal KO loss he suffered to Anthony “Rumble” Johnson in the main event, while Northcutt suffered a foot injury in his loss to Bryan Barberena that must be cleared by x-ray before he’ll be able to return. Other fighters receiving indefinite terms were Jake Ellenberger, Diego Ferreira, Rafael Natal, Matt Dwyer, and Damon Jackson.
The full list of suspensions for the event is below:
- Ryan Bader: Suspended indefinitely pending neurologist exam, CT scan; minimum suspension 60 days due to KO loss
- Josh Barnett: Suspended 30 days due to facial laceration
- Bryan Barberena: Suspended 45 days due to forehead laceration
- Sage Northcutt: Suspended indefinitely pending x-rays of right foot/toes; minimum suspension 30 days due to forehead laceration
- Jake Ellenberger: Suspended indefinitely pending left forearm examination; minimum suspension 45 days due to nasal laceration
- Diego Ferreira: Suspended indefinitely pending x-rays of left ankle
- Rafael Natal: Suspended indefinitely pending opthalmological exam; minimum suspension 30 days due to facial laceration
- George Sullivan: Suspended 60 days due to KO loss, also no contact for 30 days
- Matt Dwyer: Suspended indefinitely pending opthalmological exam
- Damon Jackson: Suspended indefinitely pending opthalmological exam and x-rays of right foot; minimum suspension 30 days due to facial laceration
Attention iPhone/iPad users, if you’ve enjoyed our app in the past and followed us there, or if you’ve never checked it out, make sure to update to the latest version in the Apple store. We’ve launched a new look for the app, in line with our recent desktop overhaul. Make sure to check it out! An update to our Android app is on its way soon as well, so Android users keep an eye out for that update soon!