It’s been a while folks, but finally we’re back for UFC 193 which takes place in Melbourne, Australia. Women’s Bantamweight Champion Ronda Rousey will defend her title against #7 ranked fighter Holly Holm in the main event of the evening. Joanna Jedrzejczyk will also put her belt and undefeated record on the line when she faces Valerie Letourneau for the UFC Strawweight Title.
Heavyweights Mark Hunt and Antonio Silva meet for the second time, if it’s half as good as the first we’ll be in for a treat. Uriah Hall who never seems to be out of the Octagon at the moment, is back in action as a replacement for the injured Michael Bisping, Hall will face Robert Whittaker in a middleweight bout.
The Qtr Final of the World Cup has been drawn. We have two triple threat matches to get the numbers down ready for the semi-finals. All results will be determined via confidence points. See draw below,
All UFC 193 picks should be permitted to firstname.lastname@example.org before the first prelim fight on Saturday night.
World Cup Qtr Final Draw:
Alex Potapoff vs. Richard Race vs. Ben Heather
Cambo Nelson vs. Mark Sacchetti
Chris Houten vs. David Little
Charles Mickael vs. Eugene Kim vs. Tommy Strong
MMATorch Confidence Picks Championship Match Up:
Lisa Smith (Champion) vs. Cambo Nelson (Challenger)
MMATorch Betting Picks Championship Match Up:
Cambo Nelson (Champion) vs. Joel Wielenga (Challenger)
UFC 193 FIGHT CARD:
Ronda Rousey (c) vs. Holly Holm
Joanna Jedrzejczyk (c) vs. Valerie Letourneau
Mark Hunt vs. Antonio Silva
Robert Whittaker vs. Uriah Hall
Stefan Struve vs. Jared Rosholt
Jake Matthews vs. Akbarh Arreloa
Kyle Noke vs. Peter Sobotta
Anthony Perosh vs. Gian Villante
Richie Vaculik vs. Danny Martinez
Dan Kelly vs. Steve Montgomery
Richard Walsh vs. Steve Kennedy
James Moontasri vs Anton Zafir
Ben Nguyen vs. Ryan Benoit
CONFIDENCE PICKS GAME AND RULES
1. UFC 193 is a 13 fight card. Therefore, the point values you assign must range from 13 (most confident) down to 1 (least confident).
2. Additionally, please list your prediction for method of victory, along with the round. Choose either TKO, KO, SUB, UD (Unanimous Decision) or SD (Split Decision).
3. Using UFC 190 as a template, here is how a simple entry might look:
13- Rousey SUB1
12- Rua UD
11- Cummins TKO1
10- Franca UD
9- Struve UD
8- Silva TKO1
7- Gadelha UD
6- Maia SUB1
5- Alves SUB2
4- Miranda TKO2
3- Cannetti UD
2- Viera UD
1- Alcantara UD
4. When you email me your entry, please sort the entry numerically (as shown) from high to low. Thanks.
5. The first tie-breaker is the sum of confidence points. Using the examples above, a Rousey victory would earn 13 points. Alcantara winning would earn just 1 point, etc.
6. If two participants earn the same number of confidence points, the next tie-breaker will be the total number of winners predicted. If Player A earns 40 points on 7 winning picks, and Player B earns 40 points on 6 winning picks, Player A would be declared the winner.
7. The next tie-breaker is the number of victory methods predicted correctly. Next would be predicted rounds of victory. If both players are still tied at this point, both players will be declared the winner. If the tie is for a championship, they would match up again at the next event, along with the winner of the pool. If the tie occurs in the pool itself, both challengers would advance to face the champion at the next event.
BETTING GAME AND RULES
Here are the UFC 193 betting lines courtesy of 5Dimes:
Ronda Rousey -2000
Holly Holm +1250
Joanna Jedrzejczyk -2000
Valerie Letourneau +1250
Mark Hunt -275
Antonio Silva +235
Uriah Hall -145
Robert Whittaker +125
Stefan Struve -115
Jared Rosholt -105
Jake Matthews -1100
Akbarh Arreloa +700
Peter Sobotta -165
Kyle Noke +145
Gian Villante -420
Anthony Perosh +335
Danny Martinez -115
Richie Vaculik -105
Steve Montgomery -270
Dan Kelly +230
Richard Walsh -340
Steve Kennedy +280
James Moontasri -340
Anton Zafir +280
Ben Nguyen -145
Ryan Benoit +125
8. Using UFC 190 as a template again, here is how a simple entry might look:
$450 on Franca
$300 on Struve
$50 on Cummins
$200 Parlay on Cummins, Rua and Alves
9. Every player has $1000 of fake, imaginary, theoretical, play money to wager on each event. This is not a real money game, it is strictly for fun.
10. Players must place a bet of at least $50, but no more than $500, on each of 3 or more different fighters. Bets may be in any denomination, as long as the amount falls in the range of $50 – $500.
11. Players may also play a parlay bet. A parlay bet is a bet placed on multiple fighters. All fighters in the parlay must win their fights in order for the parlay to pay off. Parlay bets pay off at a higher rate than a bet on a single fighter. The parlay bet may be placed on either two or three fighters.
12. The minimum parlay bet is $50. The maximum parlay bet is $200. This money comes out of the $1000 allotted to each player. The parlay bet is NOT separate from the $1000 budget. A player is not required to play a parlay bet. The maximum number of parlay bets a player may wager is one.
13. Whether or not a player chooses to place a parlay bet, the player must still place at least three straight bets. It is not legal to place two bets on individual fighters and one parlay bet. No entry is considered valid unless there are a minimum of 3 straight bets placed on individual fighters.
14. If a fight ends in a draw, any money bet on said fighter will be refunded, with no fake money commission taken. If a fighter in a 3-fighter parlay is involved in a draw, that fighter will be removed from the parlay and the 3-fighter parlay will be treated as a 2-fighter parlay. If a fighter in a 2-fighter parlay is involved in a draw, that fighter will be removed from the parlay and the 2-fighter parlay will be treated as a straight bet on the remaining fighter.
15. Joker card can be placed on any fighter up to the maximum value of 4 confidence points, 1 being the minimum.
For example, if you placed your joker card on a fighter with 4 confidence points and the fighter goes onto win, you earn an extra 4 points to your overall total.
If however your fighter is to lose, not only do you lose your 4 points, an additional 4 points will be taken from your total
If it’s 3 points on a fighter, an additional 3 would be added to you total, and for a loss 3 extra points taken from your total and so on.
*The Joker Card (DOES NOT) have to be played, it’s very much optional.
16. If a fighter has a positive number such as +150 next to his name, he is the underdog, which means a successful bet on that fighter will pay off at a higher rate. That means that if the fighter wins, the bet will payout $150 net profit for every $100 bet on him. If a player were to bet $500 on a +150 fighter, and the fighter wins, the player will profit $750. If a player bets $500 on a +150 fighter, and the fighter loses, the player will lose his $500 bet.
17. If a fighter has a negative number such as -200 next to his name, he is the favourite, which means a successful bet on that fighter will pay off at a lower rate. That means that if the fighter wins, the bet will payout $100 net profit for every $200 bet on him. If a player were to bet $500 on a -200 fighter, and the fighter wins, the player will profit $250. If a player bets $500 on a -200 fighter, and the fighter loses, the player will lose his $500 bet.
Structure for each game
18. For each UFC numbered (or listed otherwise) event, both the Confidence Picks and Betting Game will feature a champion and a challenger facing off against one another. The winner of the head to head battle will be declared the reigning champion.
19. All other players for each UFC numbered (or listed otherwise) event will compete against each other for the right to face off against the reigning champion at the next UFC numbered event. This is known as The Pool.
20. As games administrator, I have the subjective right to eliminate any entry for any reason I deem worthy.
21. Entries may be submitted via email (email@example.com), or on the comment section of this post. Email is the preferred method, because if a player posts an invalid entry, I have no way to make sure I can get hold of the player so that it may be corrected. Please, under no circumstances should you both email and post on the board your entry. One or the other please,preferably via email.
22. If you have any questions, please email me and ask. For game updates follow me on Twitter, @Strong_te
[Photo (c) Jayne Kamin-Oncea via USA Today Sports]