There are now less than two months until Jose Aldo and Conor McGregor finally square off at UFC 194, and the UFC Featherweight Champion can’t wait to be rid of the Irish contender.
Speaking with media in Brazil this week, Aldo said his injury recovery and training has been going well, and he’s ready to move beyond questions about McGregor.
“My preparation is great,” Aldo said this week (via MMAFighting.com). “I just came back from my physical training this morning, came to the social project, and will train more this afternoon. My preparation is getting harder now, but I’m fine. I started my camp a month ago and I’m feeling good now. It’s not the ideal yet, but I will get there.”
“Recovery was good, and now it’s time to focus on the future. It’s in the past, we have to look to the future and forget about the injury and anything else. I’m 100 percent already, playing soccer and able to train. Let’s hope nothing bad happens so we can get there and put an end to this story… [I’m tired of questions about McGregor], but I’m used to that already. I can deal with that now. It was supposed to be gone already, but after Dec. 12 we will win and we won’t talk about him anymore.”
Penick’s Analysis: McGregor’s been causing a stir in the division for quite some time now, and with how much went into the world tour earlier this year, and the fight getting delayed, it’s been a non-stop platform for McGregor to deliver comments. Aldo’s gotten in some barbs of his own, and the intensity has ramped up from time to time, but he’s going to be out to make his statement in the cage on Dec. 12, and if he does what many will expect, he won’t need to worry about further conversation regarding the Irishman.
Leave a Reply