On Saturday night Valentina Shevchenko will defend her flyweight title against Katlyn Chookagian in the main event of UFC 247. Who wins?
Who wins between Valentina Shevchenko and Katlyn Chookagian?
Frank Hyden MMATorch Columnist
I think Shevchenko wins by decision. I think she’ll use her grappling and win by clear decision. I just don’t think Chookagian will be able to enact her gameplan or be able to fight the way she wants. I think Shevchenko controls the pace and wins every round en route to the dominant decision.
Dylan Thompson MMATorck UK Specialist
Shevchenko is as dangerous as they get, Chookagian has only ever lost by decision so it will be interesting to see if Shevchenko can get the finish. Shevchenko via decision.
Sean Covington MMATorch Contributor
I’ll give Chookagian a chance but not much of one. Valentina is just as good as Amanda Nunes, no one has forgotten that. I don’t see Katlyn Chookagian having the speed and power necessary to throw Shevchenko off of her game enough to get a win. Chookagian doesn’t have a killer instinct which is why she goes to decision so often. Chookagian also doesn’t have any impressive wins over any impressive opponents, her losses were to Jessica Eye…..and Liz Carmouche. I’m not even sure why this is a title match or how Katlyn got this opportunity, what I do know is that Valentina Shevchenko will be looking for an impressive victory.
More from MMATorch
- Who wins between Jon Jones and Dominick Reyes?
- HYDEN BLOG: Should Bellator do business with Logan Paul?
- MMA Talk for Pro Wrestling Fans – Rick Monsey previews UFC 247 Jones vs. Reyes, plus Colby Covington news
- HISCOE: Four fighters we’d love to see back in 2020, and one we’d rather not
- Throwback Thursday: UFC 146, Heavyweights Rule
- MMA Talk for Pro Wrestling Fans: Vallejos and Monsey review Bellator 238 including discussion on future of Cris Cyborg, review UFC Raleigh, discuss WWE’s Royal Rumble PPV, more (67 min)