UFC heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic will make the first defense of his title this Saturday night at UFC 203 when he puts his belt on the line against no. 3 ranked heavyweight and former Strikeforce Champion Alistair Overeem at the Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio.
The co-main event of the evening features former UFC champion Fabricio Werdrum who takes on Travis Browne in a heavyweight bout. The pair met back in 2014 with Werdum having his hand raised with a dominating performance. Both men will be eager to get back to winning ways and into title contention.
If that doesn’t whet your appetite, you can always look forward to the debut of C.M. Punk…
All entries should be submitted to email@example.com before the first prelim fight on Saturday night.
MMATorch Confidence Picks Championship Match Up:
Jaymon1002 (Champion) vs. Richard Race (Challengers)
MMATorch Betting Picks Championship Match Up:
Tommy Strong (Champion) vs. Josh Brown (Challenger)
UFC 203 FIGHT CARD:
Stipe Miocic vs. Alistair Overeem
Fabricio Werdum vs. Travis Browne
C.M. Punk vs. Mickey Gall
Urijah Faber vs. Jimmie Rivera
Jessica Andrade vs. Joanne Calderwood
Jessica Eye vs. Bethe Correia
Nik Lentz vs. Michael McBride
Caio Magalhaes vs. Brad Tavares
Yancy Medeiros vs. Sean Spencer
CB Dolloway vs. Francimar Barrosso
Drew Dober vs. Jason Gonzalez
CONFIDENCE PICKS GAME AND RULES
1. UFC 203 is an 11 fight card. Therefore, the point values you assign must range from 11 (most confident) down to 1 (least confident).
2. Additionally, please list your prediction for method of victory, along with the round. Choose either TKO, KO, SUB, UD (Unanimous Decision) or SD (Split Decision).
3. Using UFC 201 as a template, here is how a simple entry might look:
11- Krylov KO1
10- Masvidal UD
9- M.Brown UD
8- Reis UD
7- D.Brown TKO1
6- Perez UD
5- Graves UD
4- Lawler TKO4
3- Namajunas UD
2- Hamilton TKO2
1- Benoit UD
4. When you email me your entry, please sort the entry numerically (as shown) from high to low. Thanks.
5. The first tie-breaker is the sum of confidence points. Using the examples above, a Cormier victory would earn 12 points. Aldo winning would earn just 1 point, etc.
6. If two participants earn the same number of confidence points, the next tie-breaker will be the total number of winners predicted. If Player A earns 40 points on 7 winning picks, and Player B earns 40 points on 6 winning picks, Player A would be declared the winner.
7. The next tie-breaker is the number of victory methods predicted correctly. Next would be predicted rounds of victory. If both players are still tied at this point, both players will be declared the winner. If the tie is for a championship, they would match up again at the next event, along with the winner of the pool. If the tie occurs in the pool itself, both challengers would advance to face the champion at the next event.
BETTING GAME AND RULES
Here are the UFC 203 betting lines courtesy of 5Dimes:
Stipe Miocic -135
Alistair Overeem +115
Fabricio Werdum -210
Travis Browne +175
Mickey Gall -450
CM Punk +360
Jimmie Rivera -135
Urijah Faber +115
Jessica Andrade -135
Joanne Calderwood +115
Jessica Eye -145
Bethe Correia +125
Nik Lentz -420
Michael McBride +335
Brad Tavares -185
Caio Magalhaes +160
Yancy Medeiros -125
Sean Spencer +105
CB Dolloway -185
Francimar Barrosso +160
Drew Dober -170
Jason Gonzalez +150
8. Using UFC 201 as a template again, here is how a simple entry might look:
$400 on Masvidal
$300 on Lawler
$100 on M.Brown
$200 Parlay on Masvidal, Perez and Krylov
If you have any questions, please email me and ask. For game updates follow me on Twitter, @Strong_tea