Welcome to MMATorch’s Daily Top Five. Every weekday, tune in for a new Top Five list on a variety of topics; some will be regularly updated, some will be one offs, but we hope you enjoy them all throughout the week! If you’ve got an idea for a Top Five list you’d like to see, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we may fit them into the weekly mix!
7/15/16: Top Five Quotes of the Week
With several MMA events in the last week throwing off the schedule, we’re ending this week with what is normally our Thursday feature with the top quotes of the week!
5. Daniel Cormier responds to Donald Cerrone using gay slur towards him: “My reaction to Donald is shut up. Has he lost his mind? I mean, what was this guy talking about? Donald Cerrone, who made you the person… on what ground does he stand on to be able to say something like that to someone like me? …Hey, Donald, this isn’t the wild wild west where you can walk around with your stupid cowboy boots and your hat and spitting tobacco and just talking crazy. You have to have respect and carry yourself with some class. You don’t disrespect me like that. At the end of the day, I’m a man. When I see him, we’ll have some words, and we’ll discuss it.”
4. Ronda Rousey’s new motto laid out in Reebok spot: “Perfect never gets a shot at redemption. So yeah, I’m fine not being perfect.”
3. Dana White insists fighter pay, opportunities to increase under new owners: “Again, we’re just gonna continue to make this thing bigger globally and make this sport more popular. People can’t wrap their brains around the fact that we don’t even have scratched the surface of how big this sport’s gonna be… I’m telling you guys. Look at these things that I said 15 years ago and listen to what I’m telling you today: Watch what happens in the next five years.”
2. Jose Aldo on Conor McGregor after UFC 200 win: “I have one goal which is to be champion. It’s to beat that [expletive] and he can be sure that next time I catch him here he’s not going to be as lucky as he was the first time… I was born to be the champion, if I’m the interim champion or whatever I was always the champion. If I get the fight next with him I’m going to still be the champion.”
1. Brock Lesnar on future plans after UFC 200 win: “Let’s get one thing clear. Brock Lesnar does what Brock Lesnar wants to do. I believe that my future is already laid out for the next month. I’m doing Summerslam against Randy Orton. Once the dust settles there I don’t know what I’m gonna do. I had one hell of a time tonight, and I enjoyed myself, so we’ll see what happens.”
[Photo (c) Joshua Dahl via USA Today Sports]
Attention iPhone/iPad and Android users, if you’ve enjoyed our app in the past and followed us there, or if you’ve never checked it out, make sure to update to the latest version in the Apple store and/or Google Play store. We’ve launched a new look for the app, in line with our recent desktop overhaul. Make sure to check it out!
For current App users, swipe right to view next article, swipe left to view previous article.