UFC 198 might’ve flown under the radar but it’s a stacked card with great match-ups from top to bottom. UFC Heavyweight Champion Fabricio Werdum puts his title on the line as he faces #3 ranked heavyweight Stipe Moicic in the main event of the evening. Two Brazilian middleweights in Jacare Souza Vitor Belfort feature in the co-main event, whilst Cris Cyborg finally makes her UFC debut when she takes on Leslie Smith in a 140 lb catch-weight bout.
There’s plenty of value for players in the betting game and unlike the last event and I’m expecting some big returns.
The second round of the World Cup has also been drawn and once again the winner will be determined by the person who scores the most confidence points.
World Cup 2nd Round Draw:
James Brown vs. David Lindahn
Ben S vs. Alex Potapoff
Josh Brown vs. David Little
Sean Simpson vs. Ben Heather
Eugene Kim vs. Charles Mickael
David Hughes vs. Richard Race
Kevin Seng vs. Scott Pipher
Michael Douglas vs. Mark Sacchetti
All UFC 198 picks should be submitted to email@example.com before the first prelim fight on Saturday night.
MMATorch Confidence Picks Championship Match Up:
Sean Simpson (Champion) vs. Scott Pipher (Challenger)
MMATorch Betting Picks Championship Match Up:
David Lindahn (Champion) vs. James ‘The One and Only” Brown (Challenger)
UFC 198 FIGHT CARD:
Fabricio Werdum (c) vs. Stipe Miocic
Jacare Souza vs. Vitor Belfort
Cris Cyborg vs. Leslie Smith
Mauricio Rua vs. Corey Anderson
Warlley Alves vs. Bryan Barberena
Demian Maia vs. Matt Brown
Thaigo Santos vs. Nate Marquardt
Francisco Trinaldo vs. Yancy Medeiros
John Lineker vs. Rob Font
Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Patrick Cummins
Sergio Moraes vs. Luan Chagas
Renato Moicano vs. Zubaira Tukhugov
CONFIDENCE PICKS GAME AND RULES
1. UFC 198 is a 12 fight card. Therefore, the point values you assign must range from 12 (most confident) down to 1 (least confident).
2. Additionally, please list your prediction for method of victory, along with the round. Choose either TKO, KO, SUB, UD (Unanimous Decision) or SD (Split Decision).
3. Using UFC 197 as a template, here is how a simple entry might look:
12- Jones TKO1
11- D.Johnson UD
10- S.Pettis UD
9- Lee TKO1
8- Danny Roberts KO2
7- Esparaza UD
6- Harris TKO1
5- Rodriguez TKO1
4- Whittaker UD
3- A.Pettis Sub3
2- Vick UD
1- Hester UD
4. When you email me your entry, please sort the entry numerically (as shown) from high to low. Thanks.
5. The first tie-breaker is the sum of confidence points. Using the examples above, a Jones victory would earn 12 points. Hester winning would earn just 1 point, etc.
6. If two participants earn the same number of confidence points, the next tie-breaker will be the total number of winners predicted. If Player A earns 40 points on 7 winning picks, and Player B earns 40 points on 6 winning picks, Player A would be declared the winner.
7. The next tie-breaker is the number of victory methods predicted correctly. Next would be predicted rounds of victory. If both players are still tied at this point, both players will be declared the winner. If the tie is for a championship, they would match up again at the next event, along with the winner of the pool. If the tie occurs in the pool itself, both challengers would advance to face the champion at the next event.
BETTING GAME AND RULES
Here are the UFC 198 betting lines courtesy of 5Dimes:
Fabricio Werdum -160
Stipe Miocic +140
Jacare Souza -320
Vitor Belfort +260
Cris Cyborg -1700
Leslie Smith +1100
Corey Anderson -250
Mauricio Rua +210
Warlley Alves -650
Bryan Barberena +475
Demian Maia -330
Matt Brown +270
Thaigo Santos -420
Nate Marquardt +335
Francisco Trinaldo -245
Yancy Medeiros +205
John Lineker -150
Rob Font +130
Patrick Cummins -255
Antonio Rogerio Nogueira +215
Sergio Moraes -470
Luan Chagas +375
Zubaira Tukhugov -150
Renato Moicano +130
8. Using UFC 197 as a template again, here is how a simple entry might look:
$400 on Jones
$300 on S.Pettis
$100 on Whittaker
$200 Parlay on Jones, Hester and A.Pettis
9. Every player has $1000 of fake, imaginary, theoretical, play money to wager on each event. This is not a real money game, it is strictly for fun.
10. Players must place a bet of at least $50, but no more than $500, on each of 3 or more different fighters. Bets may be in any denomination, as long as the amount falls in the range of $50 – $500.
11. Players may also play a parlay bet. A parlay bet is a bet placed on multiple fighters. All fighters in the parlay must win their fights in order for the parlay to pay off. Parlay bets pay off at a higher rate than a bet on a single fighter. The parlay bet may be placed on either two or three fighters.
12. The minimum parlay bet is $50. The maximum parlay bet is $200. This money comes out of the $1000 allotted to each player. The parlay bet is NOT separate from the $1000 budget. A player is not required to play a parlay bet. The maximum number of parlay bets a player may wager is one.
13. Whether or not a player chooses to place a parlay bet, the player must still place at least three straight bets. It is not legal to place two bets on individual fighters and one parlay bet. No entry is considered valid unless there are a minimum of 3 straight bets placed on individual fighters.
14. If a fight ends in a draw, any money bet on said fighter will be refunded, with no fake money commission taken. If a fighter in a 3-fighter parlay is involved in a draw, that fighter will be removed from the parlay and the 3-fighter parlay will be treated as a 2-fighter parlay. If a fighter in a 2-fighter parlay is involved in a draw, that fighter will be removed from the parlay and the 2-fighter parlay will be treated as a straight bet on the remaining fighter.
15. Joker card can be placed on any fighter up to the maximum value of 4 confidence points, 1 being the minimum.
For example, if you placed your joker card on a fighter with 4 confidence points and the fighter goes onto win, you earn an extra 4 points to your overall total.
If your fighter is to lose, not only do you lose your 4 points, an additional 4 points will be taken from your total.
If it’s 3 points on a fighter, an additional 3 would be added to you total, and for a loss 3 extra points taken from your total, and so on.
*The Joker Card (DOES NOT) have to be played, it’s very much optional.
16. If a fighter has a positive number such as +150 next to his name, he is the underdog, which means a successful bet on that fighter will pay off at a higher rate. That means that if the fighter wins, the bet will payout $150 net profit for every $100 bet on him. If a player were to bet $500 on a +150 fighter, and the fighter wins, the player will profit $750. If a player bets $500 on a +150 fighter, and the fighter loses, the player will lose his $500 bet.
17. If a fighter has a negative number such as -200 next to his name, he is the favourite, which means a successful bet on that fighter will pay off at a lower rate. That means that if the fighter wins, the bet will payout $100 net profit for every $200 bet on him. If a player were to bet $500 on a -200 fighter, and the fighter wins, the player will profit $250. If a player bets $500 on a -200 fighter, and the fighter loses, the player will lose his $500 bet.
Structure for each game
18. For each UFC numbered (or listed otherwise) event, both the Confidence Picks and Betting Game will feature a champion and a challenger facing off against one another. The winner of the head to head battle will be declared the reigning champion.
19. All other players for each UFC numbered (or listed otherwise) event will compete against each other for the right to face off against the reigning champion at the next UFC numbered event. This is known as The Pool.
20. As games administrator, I have the subjective right to eliminate any entry for any reason I deem worthy.
21. Entries may be submitted via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or on the comment section of this post. Email is the preferred method, because if a player posts an invalid entry, I have no way to make sure I can get hold of the player so that it may be corrected. Please, under no circumstances should you both email and post on the board your entry. One or the other please,preferably via email.
22. If you have any questions, please email me and ask. For game updates follow me on Twitter, @Strong_tea
Attention iPhone/iPad and Android users, if you’ve enjoyed our app in the past and followed us there, or if you’ve never checked it out, make sure to update to the latest version in the Apple store and/or Google Play store. We’ve launched a new look for the app, in line with our recent desktop overhaul. Make sure to check it out!
For current App users, swipe right to view next article, swipe left to view previous article.