Welcome to MMATorch’s Daily Top Five. Every weekday, tune in for a new Top Five list on a variety of topics; some will be regularly updated, some will be one offs, but we hope you enjoy them all throughout the week! If you’ve got an idea for a Top Five list you’d like to see, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we may fit them into the weekly mix!
4/7/16: Top Five Quotes of the Week
In our new regular Thursday feature, today we list out the most newsworthy, entertaining, or incendiary quotes of the week.
5. Miesha Tate on why she didn’t care for Holly Holm rematch at UFC 200: “The fight with Holly, it was her first title defense and she wasn’t successful in it. It’s not like she was a longtime reigning champion, and I finished the fight. So I think the next viable contender, the most dangerous woman after that would be Amanda Nunes.”
4. Jose Aldo on Conor McGregor’s KO punch at UFC 194: “Obviously, there was luck involved. He was lucky to get that shot in right away. If my punch would have landed a little lower, then he would have been the one on the mat. So, there was definitely luck involved.”
3. Daniel Cormier sounds off on Jon Jones calling him a coward over OSP offer: “Coward is running from the scene of a crime without checking on person you hurt. Coward is refusing to fight Gustafson. Coward is UFC 151… Jon Jones I have never been afraid of you or anyone in my entire life. You calling me coward is insane. Your day will come bitch.”
2. Josh Thomson on UFC’s back room bonuses: “I can’t base my livelihood on how much you like me… I know what the numbers are. Your bills don’t give a crap if you get a backroom bonus or not. Your bills are coming the same either way.”
1. Nate Diaz on ruining UFC’s plans for UFC 200 at UFC 196: “GSP is going to come out of f***ing retirement to fight this little ass Conor McGregor? What the f***? This is all just a freakshow now! So now what did I do? Now I pissed off Conor McGregor, I pissed off GSP, and most of all, I pissed off the UFC… but LOL, motherf***ers!”
[Photo (c) Mark J. Rebilas via USA Today Sports]
Attention iPhone/iPad and Android users, if you’ve enjoyed our app in the past and followed us there, or if you’ve never checked it out, make sure to update to the latest version in the Apple store and/or Google Play store. We’ve launched a new look for the app, in line with our recent desktop overhaul. Make sure to check it out!
For current App users, swipe right to view next article, swipe left to view previous article.