Aaron Weinbaum, Aaronsayswhat.com
As soon as possible. Can Amanda realistically make the weight?
Sean Covington, MMATorch Contributor
I would hold out as long as I could. A rematch of that caliber would have to be saved for a special show, perhaps a co-main event with the Cormier vs Jones rematch. Valentina also needs to change up her game a bit because it just isn’t varied enough for a rematch with Nunes.
Frank Hyden, MMATorch Columnist
It’s tempting to match them up again but I think Shevchenko should win at least one more fight before that happens. Have her defend her flyweight championship once more and Nunes defends one of her titles and if they both win, match them against each other.
Aaron Crider, MMATorch contributor
The idea of champion facing champion is usually pretty exciting. A rematch between Shevchenko and Nunes would draw a lot of attention, however, I think Shevchenko should defend her belt against fighters in her division a few times. Nunes will be busy defending both the bantam and featherweight belts, so maybe two or three fights out.
Mike Hiscoe MMATorch Columnist
More from MMATorch:
- HYDEN BLOG: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly from UFC 238
- Donald Cerrone and Ricardo Lamas give injury updates
- ROUNDTABLE: What Should Tony Ferguson do next?
- MORNING VIDEO: Aaron Pico gets reckless
- FREE PODCAST 6/10 – MMA Talk for Pro Wrestling Fans: Vallejos and Monsey review UFC 238, preview Bellator 222, discuss Dana White’s recent comments about Lesnar, react to the booking of Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Dustin Poirier (67 min)