Thread: Derrick Lewis

Derrick Lewis

Who would you have him fight next? Velasquez? Werdum? JDS? Someone else?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Ive read people saying he should be matched against Ngannou. I dont agree with that. Id like to see these new guys challenge the old guard. We need a shake up in HW. Id match Ngannou with Velasquez, and Lewis with the winner of Hunt vs Overeem. Ngannou gets the harder fight because I think hes better at this stage.

I'd agree with that. Why derail one of their hype trains when you could give both of them a chance to make waves in the division? I'd love to see Ngannou-Velasquez and Lewis-Hunt/Overeem. Those would be very exciting fights.

I saw reports of Lewis vs. Hunt. I would have had him fight Overeem instead, but I don't know. Maybe the UFC has something different in mind for Overeem?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thats a strange bit of matchmaking. I wouldve thought hed get Overeem too. Itll be a great fight but Lewis and Hunt are on different career trajectories.

Agreed. The only think I can think is that maybe they'll have Overeem fight Ngannou? Other than that, it doesn't make a lot of sense for Lewis to fight Hunt. Other than it being an interesting fight and should be a fun one. But you're right, from a standings viewpoint, Lewis is rising and Hunt is falling.

I think the best match for him would be Ngannou

Welcome @Mateushede. Maybe they'll have Lewis fight Ngannou if he beats Hunt?