Welcome to MMATorch’s Daily Top Five. Every weekday, tune in for a new Top Five list on a variety of topics; some will be regularly updated, some will be one offs, but we hope you enjoy them all throughout the week! If you’ve got an idea for a Top Five list you’d like to see, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we may fit them into the weekly mix!
4/21/16: Top Five Quotes of the Week
In our new regular Thursday feature, today we list out the most newsworthy, entertaining, or incendiary quotes of the week.
5. Rose Namajunas on tough UFC on Fox 19 training: “I’d say was probably the toughest fight in just build-up, and training camp was the toughest I’ve ever had. There’s been many times I wanted to quit and not show up for my job, but I had to be professional no matter how I felt. I’m just really proud of myself and believing in myself”
4. Fedor Emelianenko to the UFC?: “We are continuing to negotiate with the UFC. We did not put a cross on the organization. The probability is very high [that I will fight there].”
3. Jon Jones on Conor McGregor firestorm: “Hats off to him for standing up for what he believes is right. At the end of the day, business is business and the guy obviously has respect for himself and his talent and fights like this will help fighters in the future. I respect his willingness to fight for what’s right.”
2. Georges St-Pierre doesn’t care about a title belt: “If you’re the best and even if you don’t have the belt and you’re the best, it’s more gratifying. The belt is a material thing. It’s good. I won it a few times. But I want to fight the best, the biggest name.”
1. Conor McGregor retires?: “I have decided to retire young. Thanks for the cheese. Catch ya’s later.”
Attention iPhone/iPad and Android users, if you’ve enjoyed our app in the past and followed us there, or if you’ve never checked it out, make sure to update to the latest version in the Apple store and/or Google Play store. We’ve launched a new look for the app, in line with our recent desktop overhaul. Make sure to check it out!
For current App users, swipe right to view next article, swipe left to view previous article.